What are the top CRO tools in 2015
Like any facet of digital marketing CRO has its fair share of tools that are available to make your job a little easier and to make you look good to your client/Boss.
However with so many tools out there which do you try? well hopefully this post will help you decide and prevent you from being just another fool with another tool.
If you have any tools that I have missed just add them to the comments and I will update the article once I have given them the once over.
- Page monitor – This plugin allows you to “monitor” a page and it will tell you every time the page changes. Great for monitoring competitors landing pages or your own site to make sure that you are always aware of what is happening
- Ghostery – Allows you to check what trackers are on a site e.g A/b testing platforms, analytics platforms etc… Great for some corporate espionage, checking that your devs have correctly installed a tracker and for blocking said trackers with ease
- Awesome screenshot – For full-page screen shots of all your A/B tests or other screen grabs
- UA Spoofer – Allows you to spoof you browser client to pretend to be some of the top devices and Operating Systems on the market
- Page load time – measures page load time and displays it in the toolbar. Great for showing your boss/client how long it takes your site/pages to load.
7. Formisimo – Analyses what users are doing on your forms and tells you drop out rates by field, time taken and most corrected fields
8. Hotjar for surveys, heatmaps, screen recordings – unlimited visitors for flat fee
9. Decibel insight – is a one stop shop for analytics featuring advanced heat maps, form analytics, session recording and a lot more
10. VWO – For low to mid end optimisation needs with WYSIWYG editor, heatmaps included as well as mobile testing and advanced segmentation
11. Optimizely – For mid to high-end optimisation needs with WYSIWYG editor, advanced segmentation and more API integrations then you can shake a stick at
12. Monetate – Personalisation and a/b testing platform that uses all your data plus their own to optimise and personalise user journeys
13. Unbounce – Create landing pages without IT support and host and test them against existing pages with an easy to use WYSIWYG editor
14. Survey monkey – Free basic surveys and more advanced features for paid accounts including white labeled surveys
15. Attensee – Blurs out designs/pages forcing people to use the mouse to see a small unblurred window. Basically its eye tracking done via mouse behaviour for a fraction of the cost
16. Paint.net – Want to edit images but don’t have the funds or time to source Photoshop or other image editing software then this free tool is a life saver.
17. Notepad++ – Great free tool for editing code has libraries that will highlight code in multiple languages